Our company is built to help companies manage, grow, and influence their marketplace. Our clients range from venture-backed early stage companies, to trade associations and nonprofits, and to Fortune-level global enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time back-end developer to support the product development team at our office in downtown, Washington, DC. This role will largely focus on refining our existing client delivery and advertising environment (Blueprint). Working closely with our front-end developers, our ideal candidate will create efficiency in our code base, produce new functionality, features, and algorithms to continuously better our overall service delivery.
We have a solid foundation here – we’ve built a proprietary environment that manages our workflow and manages our clients’ data. Given our growth, we want to increase our investment on it, growing it into an enterprise piece of software that allows us flexibility for communicating with our clients. An attention to fine-tuning the things you build is imperative. On both the client side and the internal side, we expect you to be able to help our work shine.
Front-end/back-end experience expectations
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Significant experience with database technologies required: MySQL and MongoDB
- Web server technologies required: Node.js, J2EE, Apache
- Experience with libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of API layers, Action Layers, MVCs, Cloud database integrations, data modeling, and the deep desire to learn more on these fronts.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications is a plus
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites is a plus
- Totally comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to help front-end team convert layouts and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Excellent understanding of GitHub
- Understanding of data migration, transformation, and scripting
Who you are:
- Confident: You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative: You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic: You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player: You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Solutions-oriented: You are able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technologies.
What you should have:
- Multiple years of experience supporting the phases of the software development lifecycle discussed above. Referenceable material and managers that can share with your great work product.
- While we do not require a computer-sciences major, having one is a big plus. We believe that great teammates come from all walks of life, and may be fully self-taught (as some of us are).
The good stuff:
- Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Bonus program
- Currently totally remote with an expected return to office in Summer 2021
- Downtown location with easy metro access
- Company paid professional development
- Flexible paid vacations
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k with matching