Our company is built to help companies manage, grow, and influence their marketplace. Our clients range from venture-backed early stage companies, to trade associations and nonprofits, and to Fortune-level global enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time, part-time, or project-based Front-End Developer to support the product development team at our office in downtown, Washington, DC. The Front-End Developer will work with our internal and external development teams to build multiple new elements into our current internal management product, Blueprint.
We have a solid foundation here – we’ve built a proprietary environment that manages our workflow and manages our clients’ data. Given our growth, we want to increase our investment on it, growing it into an enterprise piece of software that allows us flexibility for communicating with our clients. An attention to fine-tuning the things you build is imperative. On both the client side and the internal side, we expect you to be able to help our work shine.
What you’ll do:
- Expertise in CSS, HTML, and basic front-end development are required.
- A proficiency in PHP is preferred.
- You’ll be translating UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- You’ll need to map and develop responsive websites and web elements based on our existing framework.
- Build beautiful things all day long – of course
Who you are:
- Confident: You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative: You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic: You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player: You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Coachable: You are receptive to guidance and exhibit a desire to learn.
- Organized: You are focused on details and keeping track of everything.
What you should have:
Our preferred candidate is familiar with both “the old way” and “the new way” when it comes to programming languages. We will be moving to a React environment in the future, and your experience with React will be very important as we do so. You’ll need to diagnose, troubleshoot, and address challenges with our existing platform. Our environment is built on Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP.
A strong understanding of database query is preferred. Background in digital advertising is strongly preferred. Additionally, our ideal candidate is driven to task completion, and has a strong entrepreneurial. Some basic experiences that would be helpful are a knowledge of social media, general information about advertising campaigns, and online social media tools. College level education with a major in computer science is less important than your abilities.
3+ years of work experience in a related field is required
Other areas of knowledge that are important:
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages with flexible and reusable code
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Understanding of PHP back-end development
- Working knowledge and experience with either LAMP or MEAN
- Comfortable with setting, managing, and delivering on expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards
- Experience with developing large customer-facing websites
The good stuff:
The benefits for our full-time employees include:
- Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Bonus program
- Downtown location with easy metro access
- Company paid professional development
- Flexible paid vacations
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching