Our company is built to help companies manage, grow, and influence their marketplace. Our clients range from venture-backed early stage companies, to trade associations and nonprofits, to Fortune-level global enterprises.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time Product Manager to support the product development team at our office in downtown, Washington, DC.
We are looking to work with a great Developer, that will initially primarily focus on the back-end development of our proprietary advertising and client workflow management product. Our ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience developing in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). Most importantly, this developer will be looking for a path into the senior leadership of a growing company.
Working directly with the CEO of the company, our ideal candidate will begin by augmenting our existing development staff of front end, back end and full stack developers. This candidate will take on back end development responsibilities as they learn the intricacies of our product and develop basic documentation on the same.
Once they’ve spent an adequate amount of time hands into our base code, this individual will be tasked with leading the continued development effort, while continuing to perform back end development duties. The speed by which this role changes entirely into a leadership role will be determined by the growth of the organization, the individual’s personal capabilities, and their display of leadership and management.
An attention to fine-tuning the things you build is imperative. Efficiency of code, problem-solving aptitude, and ultimately, the ability to lead others, are the key assets we are seeking in an ideal candidate.
Required development experience expectations
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies – MySQL and MongoDB
- Web server technologies – Linux, Apache, Windows Server, AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean
- Basic understanding of front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
Additionally, you must be creative, understand basic UI/UX, and have a working knowledge of User flow to be successful in this position. We have creatives in our shop, but your ability to translate their creative drawings into products will be important.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Familiarity with API layer Action Layer / MVC
- Understanding of data migration, transformation, and scripting
Who you are:
- Confident: You are a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Innovative: You are curious and excited by new ideas.
- Enthusiastic: You are energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Team player: You are comfortable working as a part of a team, but are self-motivated and committed.
- Solutions-oriented: You are able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technologies.
What you should have:
- We do not require degrees in CS or similar. We believe that great teammates come from all walks of life, and may be fully self-taught (as some of us are).
- 3-5 years of experience in back-end development.
- Multiple years in other phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Referenceable material and multiple manager references.
The Good Stuff
- Laid-back, fun, and super casual office environment
- Bonus program
- Downtown location with easy metro access
- Company paid professional development
- Flexible paid vacations
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision insurance